Freitag, 10. Juli 2015

Paper Towns - John Green

This is my first english review, so please tell me if there are any mistakes so that I can improve my language skills !

I finished Paper Towns yesterday and omg it is a brilliant book!

(c) Christina Pretis
Product Information:
  • Paperback: 320 pages
  • Publisher: Bloomsbury Childrens; Tie-In edition (19 May 2015)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-13: 978-1408867846


Blurb:
The thing about Margo Roth Spiegelman is that really all I could ever do was let her talk, and then when she stopped talking encourage her to go on, due to the facts that
1. I was incontestably in love with her, and
2. She was absolutely unprecedented in every way, and
3. She never really asked me any questions...

Quentin Jacobsen has always loved Margo from afar. So when she climbs through his window to summon him on an all-night road trip of revenge he cannot help but follow. But the next morning, Q turns up at school and Margo doesn't. She left clues to her disappearence, like a trail of bredcrumbs for Q to follow.
And everything leads to one unavoidable question:
WHO IS THE REAL MARGO?

My Opinion:
This book is a masterpiece again. If you like one of John Green's books you will probably like all of them. He knows how to write storys with humor, but he never looses track of the message he wants to transmit with his story.
I laughed so hard while i was reading this book, because some parts are so funny and realistic.
To sum up Paper Towns I would say it is a story about finding yourself, making some experiences and develope in a way you would normaly not. About friendships, relationships between people and a big adventure.
I really enjoyed reading it!
The book is not only funny but also teaching, and making you think about your life and the life of others. It kind of gives you a different kind of view.


Quotes I loved (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS):

"Dude, I don't want to talk about Lacey's prom shoes. And I'll tell you why: I have this one thing that makes me really uninterested in prom shoes. It's called a penis." - Q

"Talking to a drunk person was like talking to an extremly happy severely brain-damaged three-year-old." - Q

"The longer I do my job, the more I realize that humas lack good mirrors. It is so hard for anyone to show us how we look, and so hard for us to show anyone how we feel." - Q's dad

"Nothing ever happens like you imagine it will." - Margo
"True, but the again, if you don't imagine, nothing ever happens at all"- Q

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen