Samstag, 24. Dezember 2016

milk and honey - Rupi Kaur


Content:

This book contains a collection of poems about daily struggles and survival, written so lovingly and sweetly that some tears might come to your eyes.


Information on the book:

Cover: Softcover
Pages: 204
Date of release: 06.10.2015
Language: English
ISBN: 978-1-4494-7425-6
Puplisher: Simon + Schuster

Amazon: Milk and Honey


My Opinion:

As mentioned in the content section  before this book contains four chapters of poems about surviving life. Every chapter dealing with a different topic about life. Love, abuse, violence and loss. This book takes you through the very bitter moments in life always remembering you that even in our darkest times there is some sweetness hidden somewhere. Melancholy can also be something very beautiful and Rupi Kaur was able to show that with her poems.
Now I need to tell you something, I barely cry when reading books or watching movies, but this book made me cry while reading the first page. "A daughter should not have to beg for a relationship to her father". 
I couldn't stop reading it I had to finish it the hour I started reading and that means that I really loved this piece of art. <3


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen